Knowing how much house you can afford is just a starting point in your search for a new home. By answering the following questions, you can narrow down what features are most important to you:
• How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
• Do you want a new home or would you prefer an older one?
• Are there special features you must have?
• Is the school district a factor for you?
• Do you want to be close to a shopping center?
• Is commuting to work an issue? If so, how far are you willing to drive?
• Will you accept any style of home? What about colors?
• Do you want a fireplace, pool and/or air conditioning?
Searching for a new home can be overwhelming.
Here are a few tips to make it a bit easier!
• Take a notepad and map with you. Save each home’s fact sheet.
• Limit the homes you look at in one session to three, so you can focus on the details.
• Take a picture of the homes that appeal to you, so you can remember their features.
• Make sketches of floor plans to help you compare the homes you like.
• Ask questions about any problems in the home before you make an offer.
I hope these tips help you find the home of your dreams!